Unfortunately having assessed the site today, I have had to make the extremely difficult decision to delay the opening of school once more to Thursday 3rd December. If you have been past school over the weekend, you will have seen that Portakabin have been working hard to install the temporary accommodation but at present the site is still too unsafe for me to allow children and parents to access the building. This is mainly due to damage to block paving, gate safety and the general maintenance of the temporary area. This is the last thing I wanted to do and I fully understand that you will be disappointed and frustrated by this but I know you will understand the need for the children to be perfectly safe whilst they are here at school.
We will continue provide support sessions at the village hall on Tuesday and Wednesday so please drop in if your child needs any help with their work. I do have plans to make up for some of the children's lost education and I will update you on this once we are back to school.
I am once again sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing you as parents and the disruption to the children's education and I thank you for your continued support at this difficult time.