Welcome to Black Bee Class!
Miss Curry, Miss Bradford, Mrs Silk
welcome you to Y6!
Our school day starts at 8.40 with lessons up until break at 10.15 until 10.30 and Lunch at 12.15.
Lessons start again at 1pm and the school day ends at 3.10pm.
Our daily expectations:
- Reading diary in school EVERY DAY with evidence of reading EVERY DAY.
- Homework selected from Takeaway menu and handed in EVERY WEDNESDAY - on time!
- Times tables and KIRFs practised every day and daily test.
- Spellings practised every week ready for tests on FRIDAY.
- Full uniform worn everyday and correct PE kit worn on PE days (WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY).
Our Weekly Timetable
Welcome to your first term as Y6 pupils!
This term Medieval Britain will be our focus, looking at the Battle of Hastings, what it was like to live during the Middle Ages, castles and how they were designed, the Black Death, the Doomsday book and the Magna Carter as well as the mystery of the Two Princes.
In Art and DT, we will produce our own medieval shield using four different media.
In Science, electricity is our focus and we will be looking at the various components of a circuit, how to vary a circuit and what affects a circuit’s efficiency. We will then move on to learn all about light, spectrums and how light travels.