P.E. and Sport Premium
PE and Sport at Langold-Dyscarr Community School
As a member of the SHINE Multi Academy Trust, we share a common goal for PE and Sports Premium; one in which all pupils leave our school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle, with lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our intention has been to target the PE and Sports Premium in the following areas:-
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- To offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to all pupils
- To engage all pupils in regular physical activity in order to 'kick start' a healthy lifestyle
- To increase participation in competitive sport and signpost pupils for further development
- To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
For a detailed breakdown of how the PE and Sports funding has been spent and an evaluation of its impact during 2020/2021, please see our Primary PE and Sports Premium Section.
Primary P.E. and Sports Premium
School Games Award
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress. Langold Dyscarr Community School have just been awarded Bronze Level.
The Youth Sport Trust Quality Mark is online self-review tool which provides schools with a nationally recognised badge of excellence for PE and school sport. The tool supports schools to audit their PE provision and identify priorities for their development plan. We have been awarded Silver Quality Mark.
The tool has been aligned to Ofsted guidance supporting the PE and Sport Premium and comprises a series of straightforward benchmarking statements, where you can select your level of provision in these areas:
- Overall vision for PE, physical activity and school sport
- Quality of PE
- Quality of school sport
- Quality of physical activity
- Use of PE, physical activity and sport as a catalyst for wider learning.