This is Topper our school dog.
He is a 10 year old Golden Retriever. He lives with our Headteacher Mrs Fotheringham and comes to school once a week. He stays in Mrs Fotheringham's Office unless he is busy doing work around school. Topper is always accompanied by an adult when he is working. His work involves listening to readers, talking to children and supporting children in the classroom with their work.
He can help our children and staff in many ways during the school day :-
- Build up confidence with reading
- Improve self-esteem
- Improve behaviour and concentration
- Develop a sense of responsibilty
- Support children with their emotions
- Improve Staff well being
- Children have opportunity to train him and walk him at break and lunch times
For more information about Topper in school during the day please read our Policy