Welcome to Black Bee Class!
Miss Curry, Miss Bradford, Mrs Tomlinson and Mrs Moore
welcome you to Y6!
Our school day starts at 8.40 with lessons up until break at 10.15 until 10.30 and Lunch at 12.15.
Lessons start again at 1pm and the school day ends at 3.10pm.
Our daily expectations:
- Reading diary in school EVERY DAY with evidence of reading EVERY DAY.
- Homework selected from Takeaway menu and handed in EVERY WEDNESDAY - on time!
- Times tables and KIRFs practised every week ready for test on FRIDAY.
- Spellings practised every week ready for tests on FRIDAY.
- Full uniform worn everyday and correct PE kit worn on PE days (WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY).
Our Weekly Timetable
Welcome to the first term as Y6 pupils!
This term our focus is The Victorians, specifically what life was like for children during this period. We will study Queen Victoria, her reign and her influence on life now. As well as what jobs children did, what school was like and what life style was like in general. We will also look at the Industrial Revolution and famous inventors.
In Art, we will study William Morris and Lowry, using inspiration from their famous works to create our own.
In DT, we will look at solutions for mobility issues - How can we make a difference to their lives?
In Science, we will study Light, Forces and Magnets and Electricity drawing on famous inventors where we can.