Welcome to Black Bee Class!
Miss Curry, Miss Bradford, Mrs Silk and Mrs Tomlinson
welcome you to Y6!
Our school day starts at 8.40 with lessons up until break at 10.15 until 10.30.
Class assembly everyday at 10.30 and then lunch at 12.15.
Lessons start again at 1pm and the school day ends at 3pm.
Our daily expectations:
- Reading diary in school EVERY DAY with evidence of at least reading three times a week.
- Homework selected from Takeaway menu and handed in EVERY THURSDAY - on time!
- Times tables and KIRFs practised every week ready for test on Tuesday.
- Spellings practised every week ready for tests on FRIDAY.
- Full uniform worn everyday and correct PE kit worn on PE days (WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY).
Our Weekly Timetable
Our topic this half term is entitled Learning For Life as it focuses on key learning lessons for life such as where our food comes from, living things and their habitats across out world, global imports and exports, financial education, life beyond our country, puberty, transition to secondary school and plenty of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) opportunities.
As part of this term, Y6 will be taking part in an Enterprise Day where they will work as part of a team to design their own business, which will hopefully make a profit.
It is important to remember that this is our Y6 pupils last term at Langold Dyscarr and therefore we will be celebrating their success along the way as well as producing a Leavers Assembly and hosting a residential to PGL Camp Caythorpe.