Welcome to Black Bee Class!
Miss Curry, Miss Bradford, Mrs Tomlinson and Mrs Moore
welcome you to Y6!
Our school day starts at 8.40 with lessons up until break at 10.15 until 10.30 and Lunch at 12.15.
Lessons start again at 1pm and the school day ends at 3.10pm.
Our daily expectations:
- Reading diary in school EVERY DAY with evidence of reading EVERY DAY.
- Homework selected from Takeaway menu and handed in EVERY WEDNESDAY - on time!
- Times tables and KIRFs practised every day and daily test.
- Spellings practised every week ready for tests on FRIDAY.
- Full uniform worn everyday and correct PE kit worn on PE days (WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY).
Our Weekly Timetable
Welcome to your second term as Y6 pupils!
This term our focus is The Windrush, specifically what life was like for the Windrush generation when they arrived in Britain but also their heritage and what it was like to be a British African-Caribbean citizen. We will study the Caribbean in all its glory, what islands are part of it, what language and culture they have and what climate they share. We will focus on the Empire Windrush, what its voyage was like and what purpose it had. We will look at what life was like for the Windrush generation before and after they arrived in Britain. A huge focus will be on racial discrimination and the effect it had on these people at the time and the impact that the arrival of the Windrush has had on Britain today.
In Art, we will study various artists who have produced work inspired by The Windrush, using inspiration from their work to create our own.
In Computing, we will create quizzes using PurpleMash based on a topic of our choice.
In Science, we will study Space and will continue to focus on Chemistry and that of materials.